Outreaching to Social Media#
Use various social Media channels for outreach:
- Utilize hashtags relevant to the scientific Python community to increase visibility.
- Engage with users by responding to questions, sharing resources, and participating in discussions.
- Retweet and mention influential users and organizations to foster connections.
- Share updates on project releases, new features, and bug fixes.
- Highlight community contributions and achievements.
- Create a LinkedIn group for the project to facilitate networking and discussions among professionals.
- Share project updates, news, and job opportunities.
- Encourage community members to share their experiences and insights related to the project.
- Connect with other professionals and organizations in the scientific Python field.
Tools for community outreach(TODO)#
Speaking at Conferences and Events:#
- Submit proposals to relevant conferences, emphasizing the project’s unique features and benefits.
- Prepare engaging presentations that demonstrate the project’s capabilities and use cases.
- Provide live demos or tutorials to showcase the project in action.
- Connect with attendees during and after the event, answer their questions, and collect feedback.
- Organize regular online tutorials or sprints to educate the community about using the project.
- Cover various skill levels, from beginners to advanced users.
- Provide clear documentation and code examples.
- Encourage community members to share their own tutorials and best practices.
Writing Blog Posts:#
- Keep the community updated on important news, such as project milestones, partnerships, and funding.
- Announce major releases, highlighting new features and improvements.
- Share technical insights, tips, and tutorials related to the project.
- Recognize and appreciate community contributors through dedicated blog posts.
- Create video tutorials, screencasts, or live coding sessions to demonstrate the project’s usage.
- Develop interactive Jupyter notebooks showcasing practical applications.
- Produce podcasts or interviews with community members or domain experts.
- Collaborate with other scientific Python projects for joint content creation, such as tutorials or blog posts.
- Create illustrations on how your project works: https://github.com/zarr-developers/zarr-illustrations-falk-2022